The summer is almost over — even if there’s still two months until the puck drops for Princeton — so here’s a look at the major offseason Tiger news and notes:
– Andrew Calof won a Gold Medal at the Maccabiah Games with Canada, which beat USA 7-1 in the final game. Calof scored 10 points (5g, 5a) in the tournament.
-The Portland Pirates signed former Tiger Kyle Hagel to a one-year deal. Hagel, who graduated from Princeton in 2008, played for the Hamilton Bulldogs last season and recoded six point and 172 penalty minutes.
– Mike Condon signed a two-year deal with the Canadiens after spending time with ECHL’s Ontario Reign and the Houston Aeros of the AHL after Princeton’s season ended.
– Senior captain Jack Berger appeared at Senators development camp with recently graduated defenseman Michael Sdao. Sophomore Mike Ambrosia spent time at Devils rookie camp for the second-straight year, while Condon appeared at Canadiens camp.
– Will MacDonald signed with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL for the 2013-14 season. The forward, who signed an ATO with the team at the end of Princeton’s season, scored three goals for the team last year.
– The Oilers re-signed Taylor Fedun to a one-year deal. Last season the former Princeton player registered 27 points (8g, 19a) with the Oklahoma City Barons, Edmonton’s AHL affiliate.
– Joe Fallon committed to Princeton and will begin his Tiger career in 2015, according to College Hockey News. With Gunnery PS in 2012-13, Fallon recorded 29 points (11g, 17a) in 29 games.
– The team announced the incoming freshman class, which consists of Tommy Davis, Ben Foster, Colton Phinney, Quin Pompi, Marlon Sabo, Ryan Siiro and Garrett Skrbich.
– Mike Moore signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Boston Bruins. The former Tiger played for the Milwaukee Admirals, Nashville’s AHL affiliate, last season. He spent the previous five years with the Worcester Sharks and played six games with San Jose in 2010-11.
– The Rangers placed former Princeton forward Darroll Powe on waivers at the start of free agency. Powe appeared in 37 games and recoded a minus-2 rating and 18 penalty minutes before he suffered a concussion that ended his season.
– George Parros was traded from the Florida Panthers to the Montreal Canadiens. Last season Parros recorded one goal and one assist over 39 gamers with the Panthers. Over nine seasons in the NHL, the forward has recorded 1,007 penalty minutes.
– Former Tiger teammates Eric Meland and Zane Kalemba are teammates again, this time in Solvakia. The two, who played together in 2009-10, will put on matching jerseys for HC Banska Bystrica.